Safety and Reliability Engineering - Permanent - Aerospace - Competitive Salary - West Midlands
An RMS or RAMS Engineer is required to join an innovative Aerospace and Defence company on Permanent and Long Term Basis that specialises in advanced products primarily for the Aerospace industry.
The RMS or RAMS Engineer will report directly to the RM & S Manager and provide technical expertise and leadership to support the optimisation of systems and equipment reliability, maintainability and safety parameters.
The RMS or RAMS Engineer will provide systems that meet their safety objectives, that are reliable and which require minimum expenditure to support throughout its operational life. The RMS or RAMS Engineer will not have any direct reports although will provide Technical Leadership to the business and the company Project Teams
Responsibilities of the RMS or RAMS Engineer
- Take a role in developing the technical capability of the RM&S department
- Develop state-of-the-art processes for RM&S work flow
- Conduct technical RM&S work to support both mechanical and electronics equipment
- Provide detailed knowledge of Reliability, Maintainability, Safety & Testability
- Work towards becoming our RM&S technical authority
- Prepare and review Reliability documentation, FMECAs, Testability Documentation
- Prepare and review Flight Safety Analysis, Fault Tree Analysis, Hazard Analysis Documentation
- Prepare and review System Safety Analysis, and Maintainability Analysis Documentation
- Liaise with internal and external customers and suppliers including internationally
- Specific emphasis to be placed in support for the development of programme teams
- Be able to review and understand external Technical Specifications
- Be able to review and understand RM & S contractual requirements
- Be able to review and understand Technical Drawings and Design Reports
- Be able to review and understand system schematic diagrams
- Plan, organise and control activities to ensure on-time delivery
Technical Requirements of the RMS or RAMS Engineer
- IEng or CEng accredited prefeered
- University degree in Aerospace Technology / Systems / Aeronautical / Aero-Mechanical Engineering or other relevant technical discipline
- Relevant Industrial and Safety Enginenring experience can be considered also
- Knowledge of RM&S standards, e.g. MIL-HDBK, DEF-STAN and MIL-STAN, ARP4671
- Good planning, organisational, analytical, leadership, and interpersonal skills
- Good decision-making, problem-solving, oral and written communication skills
- A knowledge of Mechanical, Electroinc and Systems engineering principles
- An understanding of Aircraft Systems development
- Knowledge of the Microsoft office suite at intermediate level.
Security Clearance will be required for this role due to the nature of the products involved.
If interested in this role then please contact Peter Heap at Jonathan Lee Recruitment by calling my direct line on +44 (0) 1384 446102 or apply directly. Alternatively, please send suitable MS Word Format CV's directly to this Email for review.