Release Engineer - 35197 - up to £24.14/hour Ltd Co - Vehicle Engineering
A Release Engineer is needed to manage the release process for Infotainment head units. Basic responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Completing WERS releases for prototype, production and service introduction.
- Ensuring Tier 1 and Tier 2 suppliers aligned on introduction of parts, creating and agreeing support plans.
- Creating Alerts in WERS.
- Creating PACNs for cost reduction new funds etc.
- Creating WERS releases to update SW Licenses.
Extra responsibilities, based on candidate capability
- Definition of releasing strategies for infotainment head units (part number updates, production vs service etc).
- Coordination of releasing resources in the Infotainment head unit teams.
- Ensuring SW/HW releases meet service freeze dates.
- Ensuring release plans match SW deliveries to programs.
- Support for integration of SOTA into JLR release processes.
- Manage the transition from WERS to iPLM.
3 Key Skills
- Experience of releasing components for use in high volume production.
- Excellent communications skills verbal and written.
- Proficient in the use of excel to create tracking sheets.
Understanding of release processes in an automotive OEM.
In return for your experience we can offer:
- Long term contract initially until March 2019 with potential to be renewed yearly
- Experience working with a leading automotive company
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship.
For more information and to apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.