Title: Release and Configuration Engineer
Salary Range: £30- £31.25/hr (Ltd Co)
Division: Electrical Engineering
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
Release and Configuration Engineer
- Develop and support the development /setting up, configuration and deployment of bespoke tools/modules as required to support software releases within the expected programme delivery lines.
- Capturing requirements from customers, managing expectations, developing guidelines, training and working with a team to design and develop solutions and taking ownership of the projects and managing the delivery of the designed systems to tight deadlines.
- Risk and release issue management to drive fast resolution and when available take opportunities to improve process to increase quality, reduce cost or improve delivery timings.
- Candidate should have experience in process development - requirement capture to implementation of process.
- Knowledge of ASPICE process
- Knowledge and Experience of Agile Software Development
- Understanding of SQL for report generation from the tool.
- Passion for the Automotive industry and experience in designing, developing and deploying new processes to meet the organisation`s requirements.
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills & self-confidence to drive resolution of complex integration issues
- An understanding of ASPICE process and Agile Software development is considered essential for this role.
- Knowledge of tools including WERS, AIMS, RMDV and DOORS would be a benefit but not essential as training can be provided
- Any project management qualifications would be advantageous.
- Experience of specifying/verifying automotive electrical commodities.
- Knowledge of Vehicle Multiplex systems - CAN, LIN and associated analysis tools
- Knowledge of ECU Diagnostics - Diagnostic protocols and DTCs