£24.00 - 28.50 per hour
5 months ago
Regulations & Product Conformity Engineer /Coordinator
Desford, Leicestershire (WFH Flexibility)
Up to £28.50 per hour (Umbrella/PAYE)
Contract - 12 months
Off Highway Machines
A Regulations & Product Conformity Co-ordinator is required to support the machine regulatory compliance and safety efforts throughout the development, production, and marketing lifecycles of the assigned products.
Responsibilities will include applying regulatory compliance processes across the product groups Backhoe Loader, Compact Wheel Loader plus support Telescopic Handler-Legacy products.
R&PC activities will include:
- Participation in audits to validate machine design is compliant to regulations and safety requirements and lead follow up actions from audits with product groups
- Providing support on safety and compliance aspects of product issues from Production and customer support and when appropriate, facilitating a variety of risk assessments with support from PS&C Consultants.
- Facilitating & evaluating machine Technical Construction File (TCF) creation and ongoing maintenance, including coordinating with Product groups and support teams for collation of evidence.
- Support roading homologation activities, planning & hosting of Government officials for certification in Germany and Italy along with coordinating process for roading certification in all other EU countries.
- Lead activities to organize all required documentation for registration of machines for various regional certification processes, including Algeria, Tunisia, GCC & EAEU
- Providing input to and support evaluation of functional and technical specifications for New programs, utilising resources for technical support through corporate Standards and Regulations department.
- Supporting project planning to ensure R&PC activities are appropriately included in New product introduction.
- For all project be able to organise and store all supporting compliance documents and maintain in a secure location with correct retention schedule
This position works closely with Product Group Engineering, Marketing and Product Support and Corporate Product Safety and Compliance. This position interacts as required with the Legal Services Division, other members of the Regulations and Product Compliance team.
Applicants must have the following qualifications/experience:
- Fundamental understanding of construction equipment products and applications.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) both up and down the command chain, and across teams.
- A track record of managing several projects and administrative tasks simultaneously.
- Microsoft Excel skills.
- Ability to develop working relationships quickly with a global team.
Additionally, the following qualifications/experience will be desirable:
- Experience in using Microsoft systems (O365, SharePoint).
- An understanding/knowledge of machine safety principles.
- High technical Education, science degree is an advantage.
- Conversational German or Italian language is an advantage.
To apply, please submit a copy of your CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.