Job Title: Regional Sales Manager
Location: Northern Territory (North Yorkshire)
Salary: Up to £45,000p/a + Benefits
We are currently recruiting on behalf of our client for an experienced Regional Sales Manager to develop new and existing propositions in the Territory and take responsibility for the management of the customer portfolio (e.g. national accounts, branches, independent regional distributors, retailers and specialist end users). The position will be to manage the profitability of these accounts.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
To manage the sales territory in line with agreed sales budgets with specific focus on sales volumes and margins to allow company to:
- Develop and implement specific business development plans with each key customer focused on sales growth, improving customer margins, brand mix.
- Optimise transport and warehousing costs associated with each customer.
- Increase our sales penetration (new business growth) within the major buying groups and the independent after market through orderly brand and pricing distribution policies respecting our commitments to existing customer infrastructure
Ensure that we continue to fully recover all major movements in lead to reflect changes in our cost of goods sold, be that on monthly or quarterly intervals (depending on the customer trading terms)
Complete quarterly client visits with all customers within their defined sales territory to: -
- Agree commercial trading terms between company and each client
- Resolve any ongoing commercial issues affecting pricing, warranty, rebates, deliveries, promotions that occur during the general course of business trading
Manage the territory within the agreed UK DSO targets through the timely chasing and collection of cash from customers in line with their respective terms by: -
- Resolving outstanding issues affecting on time payments (pricing, delivery, rebate, warranty queries)
- Providing clarity of normal trading terms and any one-off promotional agreements to back office functions to deliver against.
To train customers through a number of means to increase volumes, increase branded sales and improve mix to higher value propositions as well as providing a broad technical / technology awareness.
Person Specification / Job Requirements:
- Sales or sales management related NVQ qualifications
- Self-motivated achievement - have high energy levels, strong communication and inter-personal skills
- Strong negotiator with commercial P&L awareness, strong business awareness.
- Strong building relationship skills, strong selling and presentational abilities.
- Managing change in a fast-changing environment is essential.
- Must have an understanding of a business that goes beyond sales e.g. account profitability, cash usage etc.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience within the motor trade industry. Experienced in supplying manufacturing to Tier 1 distributors in the motor trade (e.g. auto electricians, battery specialists, multi-branch operation)
- Multi-branch operational experience is essential.
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment