Regional Sales Engineer - (Home based)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced and capable Regional Sales Engineer to join a specialist UK operation for metals corrosion controls and protection systems. Operating from home the Regional Sales Engineer will cover a wide geographical region, but concentrate on the Midlands, South West and Southern areas of the UK.
The Regional Sales Engineer will be working with a wide variety of existing clients in the steel production and distribution sector, as well as other manufacturing based clients, supplying into the automotive and subcontract machining sectors as well as targeting the aerospace sector for the business. This is a great opportunity for a proactive and self-starting individual with experience and knowledge of the sector to develop a strong business line and revenue plan.
The Regional Sales Engineer will act as an intermediary between UK clients and European group offices and facilities. The role is extensively new business generation based including all lead generation, sales visits, quotes and proposals, but will also include being involved in sales related engineering research projects and various client facing detailed technical issues.
The Regional Sales Engineer will: -
- Develop new business leads and opportunities from sales calls, networking and business intelligence.
- Visit Clients in the UK with occasional trips to Ireland and European locations.
- Produce written quotes and proposals in response to Client requirements.
- Liaise with manufacturing and Customer Service to ensure delivery of product to clients in time and in full.
- Project manage new product and new business developments in conjunction with corresponding in-house teams.
- Handle commercial aspects of the sales and project requirements.
- Carry out Market Research in the UK market to develop market penetration and to support the sales and operations teams.
- Produce accurate and detailed documentation and reports.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience required.
- Degree qualified (preferred) in an Engineering related subject or appropriately experienced.
- Experienced in the engineering and manufacturing arena, ideally with knowledge of the steel production operations and the aerospace sector specifically.
- Experienced in producing detailed commercial or technical reports/documentation.
- Good interpersonal skills as dealing with clients and suppliers.
- Previous track record of new business sales generation.
- Strong commercial awareness and ability to negotiate contracts and sales agreements.
- A self-starter, capable of operating autonomously, but experienced in liaison with internal customer service, sales and technical colleagues.
- Salary - negotiable dependent upon experience.
- Bonus scheme
- Company car or car allowance
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Regional Sales Engineer role, please contact Philip Delaloye at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446192.