Negotiable plus benefits
over 1 year ago
Regional EH&S Compliance Engineer
This Regional Environmental, Health & Safety Compliance Engineer role is an extremely important role for this Global Engineering company. Reporting into the company's Tewkesbury facility you will be home based but be involved with facilities across the UK and overseas to ensure uniform EH&S standards across the Group.
The Regional EH&S Compliance Engineer Responsibilities
- Organise and lead diverse cross functional teams through compliance events such as:
- Selection and implementation of new process technologies
- Training tools and training programs
- Compliance assessments and troubleshooting operations.
- Provide clear direction, communicating and building consensus for compliance initiatives across diverse cultures and languages
- Lead in developing, designing and implementing innovative solutions to support long term, global environmental, health and safety, compliance issues that affect all the Group's Business and Corporate functions.
- effectively communicate and influence senior site manager's decision making and process implementation through demonstrating technical knowledge and resourceful problem solving.
As this is a home-based role you must be self-motivated, able to work independently as well as in a team.
There will be travel involved within the UK as well as internationally (12-14 trips per year) and due to the technical nature and scope of some projects, these may require several days at other Group facilities to lead the implementation of special projects.
- Proven capabilities and sufficient experience with responding to chemical spills.
- Experience in design and selection of process environmental / Health and Safety controls, working with government agencies and national regulations.
- Must have experience performing Environmental/ Health and Safety compliance audits
- Must be proficient with project management of long term and complex projects; teaching adults; and designing innovative training course materials from scratch.
- BSc / BEng / MSc / MEng degree qualified or equivalent in either Engineering, Chemical or Environmental Sciences
- Must hold either a NEBOSH General Certificate or a NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety in Occupational Health & Safety.
- Excellent salary - negotiable dependent upon experience
- 25 days Holiday - Additional days are available upon long service
- Pension Scheme - 6% standard increasing up to 10% based on length of service
If you want to be considered, please apply today and send your CV to Philip Delaloye on or call on 01384 446192.