A Regional Energy Services Manager is required for Nottingham City Council Energy Services. Adding vision and commercial experience this new strategic role will be supporting the delivery of the Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS) Local Capacity Support Programme by leading on the delivery of a range of energy projects.
Jonathan Lee Recruitment are supporting Nottingham City Council in their recruitment for this exciting opportunity to lead the Midlands Local Energy Steering Group and feed directly into the national BEIS Steering Group. The role will require significant communication, with partnership and relationship building a critical function of the position, including Midlands wide meetings with Local Enterprise Partnerships (LEP) representatives, Midlands Engine Strategy Group and national hub meetings with BEIS.
Reporting directly to the Head of Energy Services you will be required to formulate and deliver on energy related initiatives, that access relevant funding and parcel together imaginative and creative energy schemes. Through the effective delivery of high profile energy infrastructure initiatives, you will seek to provide energy security and improvements across 9 LEP regions.
There are a number of key principal duties and responsibilities required for this role to include:
- To work with the Energy & Sustainability teams across the region in engaging senior managers to facilitate energy projects and programmes.
- To be the technical energy lead when participating in/leading multi-disciplinary teams, creating exciting and innovative energy schemes.
- To manage technical officers around the subject of sustainability, energy and environmental compliance.
- To ensure initiatives are managed to budget and timescale, adhering to all Nottingham City Council financial regulations, process and governance arrangements.
- Net working with a number of different partners to include: Executive Councillors, Leading Academies (especially Universities), Private Companies (especially utility and energy related companies) and Media & trade organisations.
- To oversee significant procurement projects, often associated with infrastructure procurement i.e. waste disposal contracts, and energy contracts, often utilising new and innovative funding regimes, e.g. FITs, RHI, ECO, Green Deal, etc.
This critical position within the Energy Services team will require an individual with a detailed understanding of energy and waste project management, demonstrated by a proven track record of delivering energy related initiatives. You'll ideally be affiliated to a relevant industry body i.e. Energy Institute, Association of Environmental Management, Institution of Engineering & Technology, etc. and a working knowledge of regulation and legislation as it relates to energy and waste. Also experienced in Project Management techniques and producing associated detailed progress reports.
Nottingham City Council is an innovative and forward thinking council that are open to new ideas and are keen to embrace new ways of thinking. They are looking for leaders who are enthusiastic, passionate and visionary; who demand commitment and results but are able to lead and motivate people with respect and empathy. It's no coincidence then that Nottingham was recently named in the Guardian as one of the happiest places to work in the UK. With its excellent public transport network, the council offices at Loxley House are situated directly opposite Nottingham train station and also a recently extended tram system. It's also a top ten European City for foreign investment and one of the cleanest cities in Europe, all in all making this one of the most vibrant and developing cities in the UK.
This is fantastic opportunity within an innovative Council to uphold Nottingham's ground-breaking reputation as the country's leading authority on Energy Services, working closely with Cabinet Ministers, Councillors, MP's, the Department of Energy and Climate Change, local businesses and City Council Departments to help shape policy and thinking around the National Energy Agenda. In return for this role, Nottingham City Council can offer an attractive salary of £41,846pa and benefits package.
Closing date for applications is Friday 29th June 2018. If you would like to discuss this role and application process in more depth, then please call 01384 397555 and ask for Les Hines or email your CV .