Title: Rear Wheel Steering Engineer
Division: Chassis Engineering
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
Rate: Up to £22.06 per hour
The purpose of this role is to support the Rear Wheel Steer (RWS) Lead Engineer to coordinate the design, development, testing and introduction of new RWS Systems. Operating in a cross-functional organisation, Engineer will report into the relevant Group Leader and, where delivering on specific vehicle programmes, matrix report to the relevant Lead Engineer & Module Leader.
The role requires the individual to support the technical delivery in close co-operation with the Lead Engineer, Supplier and system interfaces, also to develop and deliver the commodity plan and ensure delivery to required quality, cost and time.
- Ability to develop steering system engineering solutions which meet defined targets on time and to required quality. Good team working, organisation and communication skills to work as part of the wider steering Engineering team.
- Able to foster good working relationships with Purchasing/STA and suppliers.
- Ability to plan steering system delivery and manage change within the Vehicle Programme requirements and to manage and evaluate DV/PV testing, report on results and resolve issues and navigate Engineering & Release systems.
- Experience of Engineering validation and release systems.
- Experience leading automotive supplier interfaces.
- Ability to evaluate the performance and merits of engineering output from suppliers or service partners to ensure that requirements are satisfied.
- Good PC skills, proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Must be flexible with regard to multi-site working and be prepared to travel abroad if required, full driving licence.
Working knowledge of chassis or Steering systems.
Ability to use CAD and virtual build visualisation tools.
JLR releasing systems and processes
Engineering or relevant Degree
This role will require the Engineer to work under a Lead Engineer and support them in their delivery of new steering systems. Some autonomy required but workload will be managed largely by more Senior Engineer.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of this area and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Rear Wheel Steering Engineer role, please contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.