Rail Project Manager - Derby
We have a requirement for a Rail Rolling Stock Project Manager/Expert for a leader in engineering services and solutions who partner with the most trusted names in Rail and Aerospace Engineering, to deliver solutions across the complete product life cycle, in the fastest and most valuable manner, spanning complex systems, platforms and products. This role can be either Permanent or Contract and will be based in Derby.
The Rail Expert will be a focal point for the company's activities in the Rail Vehicles market in the UK and lead, large-scale Rail Vehicle design and support projects and work closely with the business development teams.
- Act as Project Manager on Rail Vehicle design and production support projects.
- Lead the technical aspects of major bidding opportunities in the Rail Vehicles industry.
- Lead the adoption of systems engineering approaches throughout major projects.
- Assist The company in its drive to become the leading Rail Vehicle managed service supplier, through the on-time delivery of technically excellent work packages.
- Be responsible for organic growth through maximising follow-on work from customers.
Professional experience and/or qualifications:
- Proven experience in leading major technical projects in the Rail Vehicle supplier domain.
- Experience of light rail and heavy rail vehicles.
- Knowledge of Rail Vehicle systems, interfaces with rail infrastructure and relevant Rail Vehicle standards and legislation.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills to interface with customers and internal stakeholders.
- Be available for occasional travel across the UK and internationally as required.
- Negotiable dependent upon experience - Permanent or Contract.
If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience and wish to apply please send your CV to Philip Delaloye at or call 01384446192. Rail01