about 1 month ago
Job title: Quantity Surveyor
Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? With my client, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, defence, energy, and international development.
Are you recently Chartered or planning to sit your APC soon? My Clients Cost Consultancy team provides clients with high quality, high value cost advisory services on a wide range of exciting projects. Due to continued success within the practice they are looking to further increase their capacity and capability with the appointment of Quantity Surveyors with experience in a range of sectors and excellent client satisfaction skills.
Based in the Edinburgh office this is an opportunity to develop your career in one of the world's most forward-looking consultancy businesses, helping us to ensure that we remain market leaders in the delivery of first-class construction consultancy in our chosen markets.
You will be an integral member of the Edinburgh-based cost consultancy team working closely with colleagues across the regional office network, forging strong working relationships internally and externally becoming a trusted advisor to clients. The client have a large portfolio of exciting development opportunities across both the private and public sectors covering small scale projects to some in excess of £100m and from feasibility stage through to completion. You will have the opportunity to take responsibility for managing clients and delivering projects as part of the cost consultancy team. The professional development programme will help you to enhance your existing skill set and ensure your role and responsibilities remain diverse.
- Experience of pre- and post-contract consultant cost management is essential.
- Sector experience in the residential and/or defence markets would be advantageous although we are interested in experience across all sectors.
- Candidates with experience of using digital estimating tools, or advanced Excel and/or Power BI skills would be particularly welcome.
- Degree in Quantity Surveying
- Have or are working towards full membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- Able to deliver a professional quantity surveying service focused on client satisfaction at all levels
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, with the capacity and confidence to build strong working relationships at all levels
- Sound knowledge and proven experience in delivering, guiding and developing quantity surveying and employer's agent best practice and innovation
- Able to provide an efficient, collaborative, well governed service using modern management techniques to prepare and present Project Cost Plans / Financial Reports and deliver our projects successfully
- A demonstrable track record of a high standard of technical delivery
- Able to convey ideas both verbally and in report form to clients, external stakeholders and the design team
- Able to adapt strategies in line with changing priorities
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Quantity Surveyor role, please contact Shannon Harling at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446168.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.