Role: Quantity Surveyor
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to work for our client based in Bolton, the role will be to manage all commercial aspects of projects, from assisting the tendering process to the settlement of accounts. Seek to minimise costs and enhance value, while still achieving the required standards and quality.
- Maintain contract documentation e.g. applications for payment, quotations, variations, notifications and ensure such is provided in accordance with the terms and conditions of contracts
- Monitor and control income and expenditure on contracts e.g. interim/final applications for payment/final accounts/payments for late monies etc. liaising where necessary with the relevant people e.g. clients, Project Managers, senior management etc.
- Produce relevant monthly reports for the Commercial Manager e.g. cost and value reports, cashflow forecasts, cost to completes, turnover forecasts, WIP reports, risk and opportunity registers, earned value analysis etc. ensuring information is complete and accurate
- Maintain compliance of contracts in accordance with corporate procedures quietened
- Undertake programme monitoring to ensure identification of delays and entitlement to time
- Administer effective potential and actual contract change control ensuring timely submission of correct notices and prompt agreement/implementation with client and subcontractors
- Build positive relationships with subcontractors and ensure subcontracts are properly let. Ensure financial and contractual control of subcontractors accounts in accordance with legislation and corporate procedures
- Develop proactive and appropriate relationships with both internal and external stakeholders; to provide the appropriate guidance to make good business decisions
- Work with Project Managers to support the efficient and effective execution of projects ensuring contractual arrangements for cost, quality and delivery are achieved
- Ensure all commercial activates are in line with the Commercial Strategy and meet all operational, financial, commercial, legislative standards and targets
- To attend contract handover meetings, start up meetings, progress meetings and contract review meetings as necessary
- Provide support to Sales and Estimating for all commercial activities
- To ensure that Contracts are set up according to Project and Company requirements including the use of WBS codes were relevant and that all associated paperwork and accurate records are collated and filed appropriately
- Ensure that any potential issues are raised with the relevant personnel at the earliest opportunity
- Responsible for open and adequate communication with peers, line management, senior management, project delivery teams and with clients as necessary
- To undertake the administration of the sub-contracts to ensure that the Sales contracts are appropriately supported
- Contributing positively to the effectiveness of project team commercial performance to include priming project managers and their teams on key risks/opportunities in customer contracts, effectively participating as necessary in validation of projects won and interrogating and reporting periodic reviews of lessons learnt
- Preparation and submission of Interim application for payment, analysing payment notices and monitoring cash receipts.
- Progress recovery of outstanding debts and resolution of financial exceptions
- Any other ad hoc duties as may be required and as are commensurate with the grade of the post.
Qualification, Experience & Skills:
- Candidates to have a minimum of 5 years’ experience from a main contracting or project delivery background
- HND/degree (or equivalent) in Quantity Surveying
- Previous experience of commercial management and procurement of subcontractors, including chairing regular meetings, measurement and control cycle, certificates and accruals calculations
- Good contractual and commercial understanding of JCT/NEC/ICHEME forms of contract and knowledge and understanding of Construction Law
- Ability to demonstrate a good knowledge of monthly reporting and earned value analysis
- Have knowledge and experience in estimation and cost analysis
- Excellent communication, numeric and computer literacy skills, proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent organisation and time management skills, with the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to work effectively in a team and delegate, but also able to work on own initiative and build relationships with clients’ surveyor
- Wide exposure to applications, claims process, placing sub-contracts, negotiation of contracts and agreeing final accounts.
- Be a problem solver/critical thinker with good attention to detail and good negotiation skills
- Takes ownership and accountability and demonstrates a professional approach to self and others
- Building productive business relationships at all stakeholder levels
- Results driven self-starter
- Member of RICS or other relevant professional body, or working towards
- CSCS card
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.