Industry/Sector: Engineering / Manufacturing
A Quality Technician/Inspector is required with CMM and inspection methodology skills. Candidates with CMM and traditional/advanced inspection tools and techniques experience would be well received. My client is looking for candidates who have a strong background in Quality control with experience of low volume, high value, within a highly regulated manufacturing environment who are methodical in their approach to work.
The role of Quality Technician/Inspector will include the following:
- Independent first off and batch inspection for existing products to works orders
- Goods inwards inspection for all critical sub-contract parts
- Support computer aided design and manufacture (CAD/CAM) process with program verification and inspection, including CMM programming
- Process control creation and record keeping
- Create and design CMM programs as and when required/directed
The suitable candidate for Quality Technician/Inspector will need to possess the following competences:
- Apprenticeship or equivalent time served training within a manufacturing environment, preferably within either firearms, aerospace or automotive industry
- Experience in a manufacturing environment maintaining or implementing quality assurance processes and techniques.
- Experience in the use of a 3 axis coordinate measuring machine.
- Ability to read, understand and following technical drawings
- Experience in the use of various hand held measuring equipment.
- Excellent IT skills
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of quality inspection techniques and are process minded in your approach to work and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Quality Technician/Inspector role, please contact Ed Smith at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446133 or email .