Job title: Quality Technician
Hourly rates: £Negotiable dependent upon experience
Industry: Global manufacturing sector
An engineering company specialising in innovative metal forming technologies has a fantastic short-term opportunity for a Quality Technician to support them with all aspects of quality control.
What you will do:
- Ensure compliance with all aspects of quality control by interfacing with internal and external customers to ensure quality requirements are understood and achieved.
- CMM inspection and programming.
- Support the creation of Inspection Control Plans (ICPs) and the sample submission process.
- Support the first off / last off process and AQL inspection process to ensure all metrology and quality requirements
- Undertake cause and effect analysis, identify corrective and preventative actions and report results.
- Conduct quality audits and report the findings to improve the quality culture.
- Support the development and implementation of improvements to the quality management system.
- Conduct goods in inspection to ensure all products provided by external suppliers adhere to quality standards.
- Liaise with the supply chain function relative to the use of raw materials and respond to issues found. Raising non-conformances and producing 8D reports.
- Support the development, implementation and improvement of appropriate quality management systems, quality procedures, operator methods and quality documentation.
- Support the introduction of new products to the site.
- Sign off measurement and inspection reports.
- Reporting and closing non-conformances.
What you will need:
- Demonstrable metrology background with CMM experience
- Knowledge of measuring techniques (Vernier, micrometer, DTI, Coordinate Measurement Machine)
- Diploma in Quality Assurance (or similar)
- Knowledge of ISO9001 or similar standards
- Knowledge of quality tools (Pareto, SPC, 5 Whys, Fishbone)
- Understanding of problem-solving methods, 8D, Root Cause Analysis
- Experience of working within a manufacturing/engineering environment
- Knowledge of how to create SOPs and work instructions
In return our client can offer you a 3-month contract, rates are negotiable depending upon experience.
Interested in the above role? APPLY TODAY!
If you have any questions about the Health, Safety and Environmental Compliance Officer role, please contact Kate Stevens on 01384 446130 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.