Job title: Quality Technician
Salary Range: £11.50 to £12.50 per hour
Contract Duration: 12 months
Location: Sutton Coldfield
A Quality Technician is required with knowledge of Quality Tools and Systems. Candidates with experience of the Automotive industry would be well received.
Due to requiring maternity cover this company, an Automotive Tier 1 supplier based in Sutton Coldfield is looking for a forward thinking, organised Quality Technician with experience at a Tier 1 or 2 supplier within Engineering and Manufacturing for a 12-month contract.
As a Quality Technician you will be responsible for:
- The creation and execution of process audits, of the product lines, managing result feedback to the core team including housekeeping of the results.
- Conducting Process Audit in line with process adherence
- Conducting Process Audit in line with core documentation (drawing, PFMEA, control plan).
- Conducting process conformance of SC, CC controls as defined within core documentation.
- Conducting Product Audits to meet corporate requirements,
- Conducting Destructive Testing i.e Cut & Peel Tests (e.g glass to frame, PC covers, Fabric and Tox Checks)
- Maintaining (Calibration/Maintenance) core equipment to conduct product and process conformance audits.
- Providing active and articulate feedback to the core team on the product and process to determine areas for continuous improvement.
The Quality Technician should have the following skills or experience:
- Strong individual ability, able to work as an individual using ones own initiative, and able but input findings to the wider team and departments to achieve corporate and customer standards.
- Basic problem solving abilities, with particular empathises in "problem definition" and explaining concerns to others (e.g 8D, CAR, QRQC methodology)
- Good organisational skills
- Able to perform manual tasks.
- PC literate (Microsoft outlook, excel, word power point, MRP transactions etc)
- Able to read Engineering Drawings
- Able to use basic measurement devices to determine product conformance.
- Able to Audit to TS16949 and VDA 6.3
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively through all levels of the business from Operatives, Engineers, Management within the company.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of problem solving methods, such as 8d, to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Sutton Coldfield-based Automotive company will offer you £11.50 to £12.50 per hour.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience working in Quality within engineering and manufacturing and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Quality Technician role, please contact Georgia Silk at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446 147