Established around a long standing relationship with Chiron Werke, Nakamura Tome, Bavius, Stama, Bridgeport Hardinge, Quaser, Halter and Heidenhein. This company operate as a single source machine tool and systems supplier to a valued client base worldwide.
Due to sustained success, we are recruiting for an aspiring Quality Systems Engineer with a background in CNC, automated machinery or machine tools to join our supportive and ambitious team.
Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer, you will support Group operations by improving or expanding existing systems and implementing effective new processes and systems around quality, health and safety, training and PDI planning.
The role will also cover some facilities management and general improvement projects put forward by the Management Team on new or existing machine tools.
- Quality Systems
- Implement proper Quality Management System
- Provide feedback on quality incidents and issues
- Develop a charge back system for quality issues beyond warranty for all suppliers
- Supplier audit and quality management
- Audit warranty management systems
- Calibration control
- Provide support for turnkey quality requirements and project pass-off
- Development of Quality KPI’s
- Health and Safety – First line responsibility for Health and Safety and maintenance of H&S systems, documentation, and training requirements.
- PDI Planning – Planning of PDI workload, ensuring good working practices and tight time management leading to a higher level of productivity and efficiency.
- Deliver ad hoc Business Improvement projects to agreed timescales and budgets
- Develop employee training programs across all areas
- Facilities Management
- Ownership of showroom and working areas to a high visual standard.
- Develop and implement lean/six sigma principals to improve efficient use of working space
- Maintain facilities related contracts and renewals
What you will need to succeed:
- Experience of implementing and maintaining QMS.
- Experience in Health and Safety requirements.
- Experience and understanding of Lean Principles.
- Engineering background, preferably in a machining or machine tools environment.
- Experience using Co-ordinate measuring equipment.
- Problem solving skills.
- Commercial acumen.
- IT literate and diligent record keeping.
In return we can offer the following package:
- £38,000 - £42,000/year starting salary
- Pay progression available once advanced training complete
- Company bonus scheme
- BUPA Healthcare scheme
- Life assurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Contributory pension up to 6%
- Mobile phone, laptop and iPad/tablet provided
- Fuel card
- 25 days annual leave (rising with tenure)
- Head up an integral area of the business where you will be vitally important in making a difference over a sustained period of time
What to do now:
If you feel as though you fit the above criteria and are interested in the opportunity of heading up an expanding quality / BI role (with room to grow) by joining a genuinely innovative and ambitious Engineering brand then we would like to hear from you.
Please 'apply' now or for more information please contact Colin Reeves on 01384 446121.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.