To £52,500 + generous package
Do you offer proven quality management experience within a machining processes or engine components environment? In Leading, Coaching and Developing a team of Quality Engineers and Inspectors you will be responsible for governance of quality metrics and accountable for defect reduction within the machine shop, improving machine capability and OEE, whilst also facilitating process transformation and managing compliance.
Other duties in this Quality Supervisor role will include:
- Develop processes to drive proactive inspection starting with IQA.
- Embed Process Control to assure Predictable Excellence.
- Be responsible for new process and machine sign off by the Quality team and actively engage during planning.
- Lead and coach the team to ensure all quality targets are achieved
- Own calibration of all tools and gauges across the facility.
- Maintain and improve the documented procedures for area covered.
- Manage the inspection team for Machining and Inspection.
- Lead, Coach and Develop a team of Quality Engineers and Inspectors.
- Take ownership of Employee action plans.
- Develop close working relationships across the facility to drive collaborative problem solving and issue resolution.
- Implementation of Vision Zero Strategy and compliance to statutory and procedural requirements.
- Ensure the well-being of employees by implementation of pro-active practices and processes e.g. 5S Audits, Safety Walks and risk assessments.
- Ensure all activities have complete risk assessments.
Previous Quality Management experience is essential (ideally gained working for an Engine Manufacturer) and other criteria for this Quality Supervisor role will include;
- Working knowledge of Machining processes, engine components and functional product requirements.
- Knowledge of quality processes and proven problem-solving skills.
- Experience of leading a Quality team and delivering results.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
There is a strong desire for you to already be 6 Sigma Black belt qualified or willing to complete Black belt training. Accreditation to a Professional Body and a Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent degree are also high on the list.
If keen to learn more please contact Grant Nisbet for further details.