Chichester, West Sussex
£23.00 - £25.00 per hour
about 2 years ago
Job title: Quality Specialist
Salary Range: £25.00 per hour
Contract length: 12 months
A Quality Specialist is required with strong problem solving skills and knowledge of Industrial Engineering methods. Candidates with experience of the Automotive industry would be well received.
Due to growth this Automotive company based in Chichester requires a proactive Quality Specialist with previous experience in a Quality Engineering role for a new 12 month contract.
As the Quality Specialist you will be required to:
- Support the problem resolution process as a key member of their respective problem solving team.
- Contain, identify root causes, and develop permanent solutions for part, product and process quality related issues.
- Support the Process Leader for specific production area and ensures that the problem landscape is prioritised and worked on accordingly.
- Team expert in the use of PQM to ensure that all quality related problems are clearly defined and reported at the correct status.
- Specialist in data collation and analysis which supports the accurate definition of problems and the subsequent validation of improvements to ensure that implemented solutions are robust.
- Specialist in measurement systems who supports the introduction and validation of new processes to the assembly process.
- Specialist for the problem solving processes which include the DMAIC methodology and the consistent use of VPS problem solving sheets.
- Interface between Launch and Change Management and the Vehicle Assembly Line.
- Interface for assembly related issues found in the field.
- Expert in measurement systems and analysis supporting the introduction and validation of new processes to the assembly process.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A technical background in structured problem solving. The tools / techniques involved in this are prerequisites of a QS toolbox.
- Previous experience in a Quality related role within automotive industry.
- Knowledge of Industrial Engineering methods.
- Proven track record using quality tools.
- Knowledge and understanding of modern manufacturing environment.
- Technical knowledge in Interior / Exterior Trim, Powertrain, Electrical or Vehicle Test.
- Qualified to degree / HND level in Production Engineering or equivalent.
- Fluent English is essential; a working knowledge of German would be beneficial.
Extensive PC skills (Microsoft, MiniTab).
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Quality Specialist role, please contact Georgia Silk at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446 147.