We are currently seeking a bright and enthusiastic Graduate Quality Engineer/Specialist for a new and exciting role with a world class production company based in Berkshire.
The successful candidate will be pivotal in ensuring product quality is right first time, every time.
The role will be working in a hands on, cross functional role.
The Main elements of the role are:
- Training and capability building throughout our Operations teams
- The ideal candidate will champion all aspects of World Class Manufacturing on Site
- Some HSE and environmental management support will be required
- Ensuring compliance and continuous improvement of the site management system
- Small scale project management
- Act as the first point of quality and CI contact. Ensure quality issues are supported and resolved within manufacturing
- Support and analyse current methodologies to identify and implement improvements and ensure adherence to and creation of standardised work methods
- Carry out process audits and product sampling
- Develop standardised work methods and documents, inspection processes, reports, control plans and ensure compliance
- Respond to quality problems including CQ's and lead analysis of issues as well as problem solving initiatives to identify and correct root causes
- Ensure monitoring and measuring equipment and processes remain fit for function and well controlled
- Apply (& help others to apply) Lean tools to solve real production problems
Experienced and Qualifications:
- Appropriate engineering or science qualification or prior experience within a technical or manufacturing industry in a quality focused role
- Experience in metrology and monitoring and measuring of product
- Exposure to world class manufacturing and lean principles
- A can do, pro-active attitude and a passion for continuous improvement
- Ability to deliver training at all levels
- Ideally a qualified internal auditor (ISO 9001, 14001 or OHSAS 18001)
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- IT literacy including Excel, Word to a proficient level
- An ambitious self-starter able to manage own workload and prioritise tasks effectively
- Good people and team working skills
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a highly respected, world class Production organisation who are investing heavily.
Salary is commensurate with experience and there are some excellent benefits for the right person.
If you fit the spec, then please apply as soon as possible.