Resident Quality Engineer - Cov - £35K/£45K plus Bens
Are you a Resident Quality Engineer with the ability to liaise with the customer and investigate quality / warranty concerns to support manufacturing operations?
As a Resident Quality Engineer, you will be based onsite with the client with regular travel to manufacturing sites, customer facilities, plants, service centre and suppliers when required, providing the main contact for quality and warranty issues on e-system products.
Main responsibilities for the Resident Quality Engineer will be:
- First point of contact for the customer on all E-Systems Quality Issues.
- Responsible for communicating and coordinating all JLR quality issues within the organisation, managing all concerns with the customer using standard templates (8D, etc.).
- Ensure appropriate corrective actions and follow up actions have been implemented for significant quality issues.
- Review and approve corrective actions provided by manufacturing and engineering.
- Responding to customer via customer systems and presenting plant responses as necessary.
- Monitor and report out performance at the customer location and internally to the UK Quality Manager and plant Quality teams.
- Ability to organise and co-ordinate external resources as necessary.
- Monitor and maintain zero miles' quality tracker daily.
- Work in close partnership with customer and internal team to tackle quality and launch quality issues robustly to prevent re-occurrence
- Maintain AIMS2 system for STA Issues and assist in PVT, VRT, VFG, and Quality reviews.
Key skills required by the Resident Quality Engineer:
- Degree or HNC qualified in an Engineering discipline
- Good understanding of TS16949 and 8D processes
- Previous experience of a JLR Based programmes and automotive 1st Tier arena
- Good knowledge of JLR systems such as COVISINT, AIMS, E-Tracker, - and if possible SPIRE, IQM, AWS, TOPIX, VFD, TA/TR/EPQR
- Knowledge of how to read & understand engineering specifications - like drawings etc
For further information or to apply directly please contact Mark Bignell on 01384 446167 or email