£35k - 50k per year
almost 2 years ago
Job title: Quality Projects Manager
Salary Range: £35,000 - £50,000 per annum
Hours: 8:30 - 17:00 Monday to Friday
Fixed term contract or permanent position working for a leading tier 1 supplier within the Automotive, aerospace, commercial vehicles, MOD and rail sector.
A Quality Projects Manager is required with knowledge of leading quality projects, managing and mitigating key processes and product quality risks. Managing key customer quality concerns as required by the company, including warranty and product quality launch issues. Drive quality group standardisation in co-ordination with Quality Managers. Oversee health, safety and environmental improvements when needed.
Due to a new project launch this client based in Kidderminster requires a dynamic, leading Quality Projects Manager on a fix term contract or permanent basis. As a Quality Projects Manger, you will be required to:
- Lead allocated quality projects under direction. These could be across foundries, customers, business units, and potentially international
- Provide oversight and risk management to allocated quality projects, advising on resources required through quality business planning
- Work with Quality Managers and Engineers to facilitate group quality improvements, including activities to reduce scrap and rework.
- Ensure quality processes are class-leading and appropriate to all business units
- Liaise with internal departments to ensure problem resolution and project support is class-leading and consistent
- Ensure process and business departments are aware of the Quality Management System regarding Customer Concerns and Warranty
- Coach &/or mentor quality staff to improve understanding of product risk
- Develop, implement, and/or ratify quality standards for all processes
- Manage the quality group skills matrix and identify gaps and support department managers with succession planning, including coaching and training requirements
- Hold responsibility for the Health, Safety & Environmental requirements for their area of responsibility.
- Is fully involved in the creation, implementation and training of all Health, Safety & Environmental processes and procedures.
The Quality Projects Manager have the following skills or experience:
- A recognised formal engineering qualification or demonstrable significant experience in relevant fields.
- Experience of managing complex quality projects
- Ability to work within a dynamic, fast moving automotive production environment
- Experience of conducting customer, internal and compliance audits
- Vigorous at uplifting and enforcing internal quality controls
- Ability to work on their own initiative or part of a team
- Experience of leading and resolving complex quality technical issues
- Experience of managing warranty concerns
- Broad automotive customer quality experience
- Confident in dealing with automotive customers in a busy environment.
- In depth knowledge of quality toolset, including 8D, Control Plans, FMEA's, SPC, problem solving techniques, 5S and other quality tools and techniques
- Must be conversant with ISO 9001:2008 & IATF16949
- A good working knowledge CMM programming, limitations, and data interpretation
- Experience of coaching in quality tools and techniques
- Relevant industry experience of machined parts inspection employing all commonly used engineering inspection equipment.
- Current, valid driving licence
- Some electrical experience an advantage
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of managing large Quality projects for a tier supplier within the automotive, plant construction equipment, aerospace, MOD or rail sector. In return for your experience, this Kidderminster based manufacturing company will offer you:
- Fixed term contract or permanent position
- 40 hour working week
- £35,000 to £50,000 per annum
- Contribution pension
- 33 holidays
- Great working conditions
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of Quality Projects management and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the mechanical design engineer role, please contact Matt Johnson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446116
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.