Quality Manager - Automotive - West Midlands - £50K-£55K
A strong Quality Manager is required with experience of leading a team of engineers within a high volume production environment. The company based in the Birmingham area are a leading supplier of automotive components and a proven and committed Quality Manager to improve their quality standards and non-conformant parts, within a IATF 16949 accredited environment. Experience of working in the automotive environment is essential and you will be responsible for a small team of Engineers and Technicians.
As Quality Manager you will responsible for:
- Lead and manage the day-to-day activities within the quality department.
- Deliver strategic plans to achieve the business mission, vision and values.
- Maintain customer, company and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain quality accreditation's and standards.
- Defined KPI targets are achieved.
- Continual improvement activities are undertaken to enhance the BMS (5S, Kaizen, Lean methods).
The Quality Manager should have the following skills or experience:
- Competent in a relevant engineering discipline - preferably to Degree, HNC or equivalent experience.
- Proficient understanding of Quality Management System requirements (AS9100 and ISO9000 (mandatory) and IATF 16949 (beneficial).
- Proficient understanding and experience of using quality related tools and techniques (CAPA, APQP, SPC, PPAP, FMEA, MSA, problem solving tools, process control techniques).
- Effective communication skills (written, verbal and presentation)
- Ability to influence at all levels across the business, both internally and externally
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of Quality Management Systems within the automotive industry and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Quality Manager role, please contact Katharine Bignell at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446114.