Senior Quality Engineer - Birmingham
We are looking for a Senior Quality Engineer / Manager for a leading company in railway rolling stock engineering technology installation and upgrading, to be based at their Birmingham facilities. The company provide services for vehicle enhancement and systems integration and the provision of high quality turnkey project and consultancy services to maximise vehicle utilisation and performance.
This Senior Quality Engineer / Manager role is required due to the success of the company in growing its business and to provide future proofing and succession planning in the business. They will report to the QHSE manager on the company's quality performance and recommendations for improvement.
- Full responsibility for the QMS for the company and the offsite locations company personnel work at.
- Develop on-site, offsite Quality processes and their implementation for existing and new sites.
- Management of Internal / External audit processes.
- Management of key company processes to include: Surveillance audits at work locations
- SQA activities Liaising with procurement.
- Ensuring site staff competence assessments and records are maintained and developed as part of the company's risk management strategy.
- NCR Management and closure.
- Management of KPI data and liaising with other departments to implement improvement measures and techniques.
Qualifications and Experience
- Quantative and analytical skills with excellent documentation and oral communications skills.
- Experience of carrying out external audits with suppliers.
- Ability to support external and internal audits.
- Quality process assessment and improvement.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement tools and techniques such as 8D.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary: Negotiable dependent on experience.
- Life Insurance & Pension.
If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience and wish to apply please send a brief copy of your CV and a covering letter, outlining your suitability for the role, please send your CV to Philip Delaloye on or call on 01384446192. Rail01