Quality Manager - Aerospace/Automotive - Gloucester - Permanent
A Quality Manager is required with knowledge of the aerospace and ideally automotive sectors. Candidates with an aerospace bias would be well received.
Due to expansion this company, a precision machining facility based in the Tewkesbury area requires a motivated and proactive Quality Manager with excellent people skills for a new permanent role. As the Quality Manager you will be required to:
- Lead and manage the day-to-day activities within the quality department.
- Deliver strategic plans to achieve the business mission, vision and values.
- Maintain customer, company and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain quality accreditation's and standards.
- Defined KPI targets are achieved.
- Continual improvement activities are undertaken to enhance the BMS (5S, Kaizen, Lean methods).
The Quality Manager should have the following skills or experience:
- Competent in a relevant engineering discipline - preferably to Degree, HNC or equivalent experience.
- Proficient understanding of Quality Management System requirements (AS9100 and ISO9000 (mandatory) and TS16949 (beneficial).
- Proficient understanding and experience of using quality related tools and techniques (CAPA, APQP, SPC, PPAP, FMEA, MSA, problem solving tools, process control techniques).
- Effective communication skills (written, verbal and presentation)
- Ability to influence at all levels across the business, both internally and externally
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of Quality Management Systems within the aerospace industry and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Quality Manager role, please contact Neil Cayley at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446114.