Competitive Plus Benefits
about 2 months ago
Competitive Salary, Plus Benefits
Location: Milton Keynes
Quality, Management, Systems, Assurance, Manufacturing, Project, IATF16949, AS9100, ISO2015, QMS, QCD, CI
Our client a forward thinking and growing Automotive Innovation organisation with a track record of delivering world class products and systems for advanced technology and performance are currently seeking Quality Manager, who can think strategically, drive quality, implement procedures, manage teams and create a quality culture through effective management.
The role of Quality Manager will be to lead the Quality Department, influencing cross functional teams and departments to embrace quality management systems, implement effective processes and procedures while driving forward change and continuous improvement that will positively impact all areas of the business. A hands-on approach and can-do attitude are essential, as is the ability to challenge mainstream thinking in a constructive and energetic way.
As a Quality Manager your main responsibilities will be to;
- Leading all internal, project, supplier quality and inspection across all projects in the company.
- Manage and develop a high performing Quality Assurance team that meets agreed objectives and delivers ‘best practice’ results and continuous improvements.
- Manage and lead the team, providing technical expertise and know how, whilst ensuring adequate staffing levels to deliver departmental objectives.
- Motivate and coach the team to operational success, ensuring all deliverables are met with zero failures from quality issues. All quality issues must be contained in-house.
- Identify and implement process improvements as necessary for compliance to company standards, customer standards, or other legislative requirements in conjunction with the Quality Systems Manager as and when required.
- Support the development of supplier selection / approval / continuous assessment and performance management (KPIs) with the materials management team.
- Collaborate & support the Quality Systems Manager, as and when required for internal Audits.
- Oversee the management of Customer and Supplier visits and audits. Create audit / visit reports with recommendations as part of the overall supplier approval process for identifying new suppliers.
- Prepare and support (or coordinate where required) Customer/ Potential Customer System Audits/visits/calls as requested by Business Development or Project Management, in co-operation with the Quality Systems Manager.
- Support the definition of internal APQP methodology / model in relation to quality milestones (PPAP) in co-operation with project management and with the Quality Systems Manager.
- Collaborate with the Quality Systems Manager to create and implement an aligned strategy across the Quality function ensuring deliverables and services are successfully achieved.
- Work as part of the Management team to improve operations, supporting and implementing continuous improvement activities to improve quality standards of parts and products.
This is a challenging and exciting role and as such we are looking for a candidate who can demonstrate that they have the following:
- Previously led, delivered and maintained quality standards and processes within an automotive, motorsport and/or aerospace related environment (IATF16949/AS9100/ISO9001:2015)
- An in depth and proven knowledge of QMS, QA, APQP, PPAP, NPI, PPM and CI.
- Must be capable of leading management and staff to deliver the business plan for quality systems and procedures especially within a batch/medium volume manufacturing arena.
- Knowledge of PFMEA, DFMEA, FMEA, Process Control Plans, Process Maps, etc.
- The desire, drive and the character to achieve Quality, Cost and Delivery (QCD) are essential personal requirements, allied with excellent leadership and motivational skills to succeed
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of implementing and managing quality systems, processes and procedures within the automotive, motorsport and/or aerospace arenas who has the ability to drive change, manage teams, delivery strategic results and target continuous improvement objectives seeking to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Milton Keynes based company will offer you:
- An excellent basic salary and benefits
- Excellent opportunity to be part of the management team within a growing business, being able to strategically impact business operations across multiple site through the implementation of effective quality culture and systems
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge in managing quality teams, facing off to clients and suppliers, allied with delivering QMS, QCD and CI within an automotive, motorsport and/or aerospace organisation, especially were adaptability and versatility is essential and want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Quality Managers role, please contact Mark Bignell at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446167 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.