Quality Manager - Aerospace - Birmingham - Permanent
A Quality Manager is required with experience of operating within a precision manufacturing environment. Candidates with an aerospace bias would be well received.
Due to the continued success of this company, a precision machining facility based in the Birmingham area requires a motivated and meticulous Quality Manager for a new permanent role.
As the Quality Manager you will be required to:
- Lead and Manage the day-to-day activities within the Quality Department.
- Deliver strategic plans to the business in line with the businesses mission, vision and values.
- Maintain the company's AS9100 and NADCAP quality accreditation
- Responsible for the implementation, development and control of all quality practices and procedures.
- A champion for Continuous Improvement and creating a culture of "right first time"
- Company-wide training is delivered to build quality awareness.
- Ability to initiate and maintain relationships with international customers
- Management of non-conformances, trend assessment and identification of risks.
- Ability to challenge individuals at all levels to ensure compliance to business processes and standards
- Manage Quality Department budgets.
The Quality Manager should have the following skills or experience:
- Carried out a similar role within Quality (either current or aspiring)
- Experience of operating within a precision machining environment
- Strong understanding of Quality Management Systems requirements (AS9100, ISO9000 & NADCAP)
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement, 5S, Kaizen and Lean manufacturing processes, QA tools such as PPAP, PFMEA and 8D
- A good understanding of GD&T
- Understanding of Health & Safety responsibilities.
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal and presentation)
- Ability to persuade and influence at all levels across the business, both internally and externally
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of Quality Management Systems within the aerospace industry and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Quality Manager role, please contact Neil Cayley at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446114.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.