Job title: Quality Manager
Salary Range: £45,000
A Quality Manager is required with a strong knowledge of problem solving. Candidates must have leadership experience and exposure to a pressings environment.
Due to growth this manufacturing company based in Smethwick requires a proactive Quality Manager with supplier quality experience for a new permanent role.
As a Quality Manager you will be required to:
- Primary contact for all customer concerns.
- Evaluate and analyse issues relating to customer complaints. Initiate and/or recommend corrective action.
- Day to day control of the department assuring quality levels are maintained and monitored.
- Support product development teams in aspects of quality planning, product/design verification, process qualification, problem solving, quality techniques and tools.
- Introduce quality control systems and accreditation to support Company’s’ process.
- Conduct 5S audits.
- Conduct system audits of the Business Operating System (BOS).
- Champion Practical Problem Solving (PPS) activities.
- Review internal scrap and put in place corrective action plans.
- Chair weekly quality meetings and communicate to Senior Management areas of concern.
- Review all quality related debit notes in a timely fashion.
- Monitor and develop the supply base.
- Facilitates the generation and implementation of improvement ideas; liaises with Senior Management when improvement ideas cannot be implemented by the production areas.
- Work closely with team members at all levels to establish and maintain quality related metrics to satisfy company statistical requirements and aid driving continuous improvement activities.
- Encourage and follow up on improvement ideas of the Quality Department / Production Areas.
The Quality Manager should have the following skills or experience:
- Previous experience of fine blanking or presswork.
- Detailed knowledge of quality management systems and standards, auditing and application of engineering principles.
- Excellent practical application of Quality tools, such as 6 Sigma, Capability Analysis, PPAP, FMEA and more.
- Experience of internal / external TS or IATF16949 auditing and ISO14001
- Experience & knowledge of MRP systems
- Strong leadership skills
- Proven track record in problem solving and issue resolution.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels.
- IT literate, competent in Microsoft Office
- Customer interface
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Quality Manager role, please contact Georgia Silk at Jonathan Lee Recruitment.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.