Job title: Quality Manager
Salary Range: Competitive
A Quality Manager is required with knowledge of root cause analysis and 8D problem solving. Candidates must have previous Quality Management experience within the Automotive industry.
This Tier 1 Automotive company based in Banbury requires an experienced Quality Manager with strong knowledge of IATF 16949 for a new permanent role.
As a Quality Manager you will be required to:
- Ensure effective internal and external quality control and development processes are used across the site
- Facilitate and oversee the 8D/root cause analysis problem solving and risk management process in order to identify, contain and correct customer quality issues in conjunction with operational management.
- Manage quality improvements through KPI’s.
- Ensure standardised working procedures are in place for all key tasks in your area
- Ensure suitable process audits are in place for all areas and that the programme is aligned and effective and the format and review processes are used in all areas.
- Manage the QMS, working with other members of the management team to establish and maintain customer quality standards and expectations.
- Act as the principal liaison with the customer base in order to identify and resolve customer inquiries.
- Review and analyse customer quality data in order to trend, measure and correct customer quality concerns in conjunction with operational management
- Provide regular feedback through various feedback mechanisms i.e. daily, weekly and monthly reviews, in order to highlight opportunities for improvement and/or corrective action.
- Manage health and safety aspects for Quality Department.
- Comply with Health & Safety and Environmental Policies.
- Ensure compliance with IATF 16949.
- Ensure compliance with environmental & Health & safety standards in line with current certification.
- Manage and maintain Risk Assessments within area of responsibility
The Quality Manager should have the following skills or experience:
- Previous Quality Management experience - preferably within automotive/plastics manufacturing.
- Degree or related qualification in Quality and/or Manufacturing operations.
- Working knowledge of QMS and quality metrics, with previous experience in the setting and measurement of customer quality standards.
- Managing large and multi-functional teams.
- Managing departmental budgets and cost centre.
- IOSH trained.
- Visionary and able to set strategy for the department.
- Good Training, coaching, motivation and team building skills.
- Good decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Good communication skills
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Ability to deliver development plans to improve overall performance of department.
In return for your experience, this Banbury-based Automotive company will offer you:
- A competitive salary + car allowance and bonus
- 25 days holiday plus bank holiday
- Life insurance
- Pension contribution
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Quality Manager role, please contact Georgia Silk at Jonathan Lee Recruitment.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.