about 2 years ago
£Competitive plus benefits
A Quality Manager is required to define and implement a fit for purpose Quality Management System for the organisation. Candidates with experience of ensuring the promotion and adoption of the quality requirements throughout an engineering organisation, and with suppliers, consultants and contractors would be well received.
Due to increased workloads this company, a leading Fusion Energy System Developer based in Abingdon, requires a proactive Quality Manager to be responsible for ensuring the processes needed for quality management are established, implemented and maintained. As a Quality Manager you will be required to:
- Understand the business needs and requirements to develop effective quality control processes
- Ensure that Quality is embedded within the organisation and the engineering design
- Ensure that a document control procedure is adopted to approve, review and update all changes to critical documents
- Ensure that records are established and maintained to provide evidence that processes are being followed and that there is a system in place for the identification, storage, protection, retrieval, retention time and disposition of such records.
- Ensure that all suppliers used by the organisation are selected, evaluated and re-evaluated and that records of this assessment are maintained
The Quality Manager should have the following skills or experience:
- Degree qualified, or other equivalent qualification, ideally in an engineering subject
- Relevant experience of Quality Management within a hi-tech engineering or manufacturing industry
- A detailed understanding of the design process
- Quality Management Systems Auditing experience
- Experience of interfacing with external auditors and regulators
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with experience if implementing a Quality Management System within an Engineering environment to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Abingdon based Fusion Energy System Developer will offer you:
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Quality Manager and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Quality Manager role, please contact Paul Branton at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 455525.