Up to £19.45 p/h
An opportunity has arisen for a Quality Leader to provide support to the Perceived Quality Attributes Team in delivering leadership levels of Crafted Quality on new vehicle programmes.
Working with an international automotive market leader, the role is temporary and paying up to £19.45 LTD Co, per hour for the following skills and experience:
The Crafted Quality Leader working within Body Engineering is responsible for the Level 1 Perceived Quality Attribute for various sections of the vehicle on a new model programme.
- To work on, and gain experience of, components and systems across the whole of Body & Trim Engineering
- To work closely with stakeholders across the business involved with developing engineering concepts
- To work with Programme Attribute Leaders in leading teams of engineers and designers across a number of functions in the resolution of complex engineering issues, ensuring release of geometry which meets the exacting visual quality targets for our vehicles
- Utilisation of latest visualisation techniques
- The role provides an ideal opportunity to develop a wider knowledge of Body Engineering components and programme delivery whilst allowing the individual to impact directly on the crafted quality of our vehicles
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to resolve technical issues (and associated business cases) with the ability to interface directly to the Design teams, Attribute teams, component areas, manufacturing and marketing, plant, company quality, new model programs, advanced manufacturing, and represent the Perceived Quality Department.
- A comprehensive understanding of the manufacturing processes used in the production of vehicle body components (injection moulding, stamping, casting, soft trim etc.) and the associated variation and process capability and how to control this within the Design and Engineering of component interfaces.
- The ability to interrogate CAD data using associated visualisation tools such as Vis Mock-up / Digital Buck.
- Working knowledge of the processes and technologies used to manufacture a variety of Body components.
- Ability to work with others, leading meetings to pull together the various teams to deliver an integrated solution.
- Computer literate, particularly in MS Office: Excel, PowerPoint & Word.
- Good communication, interpersonal skills, self-confident and a 'passion for the product' are personal qualities needed to succeed in this high pressure environment, being self-motivated and able to deliver with minimum supervision.
- Proficient in CAD viewing tools such as VisMockup / Digibuck.
- Ability to use CATIA V5 to interrogate CAD - measurements, sections etc.
- 6 Sigma qualification (Yellow, Green, Brown or Black belt).
- Experience of plant based assembly and manufacturing problems, including plant product audit.
- Competency in MS Access would be an advantage.
- Degree would be desirable, but not essential if you can demonstrate the right experience
Interested in the above role? Please contact Kate Stevens or Sarah Gilbert of Jonathan Lee Recruitment