£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + pension, insurance and health care
almost 2 years ago
Job title: Quality Lead
Salary Range: £45k to £50k plus benefits
A Quality Lead is required with knowledge of Metrology and Quality Engineering. Candidates with experience of Automotive or Aerospace industry would be well received.
Due to growth this Automotive Powertrain company based in Northampton requires a proactive Quality Lead with strong problem-solving skills for a new permanent role.
- Leading the AMC Quality team encompassing Metrology, Inspection and Quality engineering
- Customer liaison on new projects and existing product quality concerns
- Ownership of internal quality gates - data collection and collation as well as defining inspection criteria
- Lineside quality improvement activities such as defect disposition analysis, rework and damage reduction as well as general improvement projects
- Data driven improvement activities in response to internal quality gate findings including conducting root cause analysis, countermeasure implementation and auditing
- Planning and Managing PPAP activities
- Management of internal quality KPIs and metrics
- Conducting internal quarantine and scrap reviews
- Performing system, process and part audits in line with the companies accreditation and standards
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of processes and practices operated by the company
Skills, Qualifications & Attributes:
- Ability to deal effectively and professionally with both suppliers and customers
- Experience of managing, supporting and motivating a team
- Ability to priorities tasks based on business needs and customer impact
- Experience working within the Quality department of an automotive or aerospace manufacturing company
- Able to present data in a clear and concise manner
- Working understanding of statistical analysis tools such as Gauge RnRs, capability analyses and comparison tests etc.
- Experience in automotive PPAPs
- Working knowledge of GD&T
- Basic knowledge of Aluminium casting processes
- Experience of manufacturing metrology equipment including CMMs
- Basic knowledge of automotive powertrain components
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of PPAP and CMM's and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Quality Lead role, please contact Georgia Silk at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446 147.