Job title: Quality Inspector
Salary Range: £25.00 to £28.00 per hour
Location: Tyseley, Birmingham
A Quality Inspector is required with knowledge of Quality and ERP Systems. Candidates with experience of the Aerospace industry would be well received.
This Aerospace company based in Tyseley, Birmingham requires a proactive Quality Inspector with the ability to read drawings and specifications, for a new 6 month contract.
As a Quality Inspector you will be responsible for:
- Inspection of parts, from component parts to full assemblies in line with company, procedures and documentation such as work instructions, engineering drawings, and inspection control plans.
- Raising NCR/QN documentation with clear problem statements.
- Interacting with business ERP system and data collection software, including SAP and Visual FAI.
- Plan and conduct product process audits
- Operate as part of a team that makes the most effective use of inspection resource
- Any other tasks considered commensurate with your role by your manager
The Quality Inspector should have the following skills or experience:
- Ability to read drawings & specifications and relate them to the product to determine conformity.
- Ability to work under time sensitive targets and goals that ensures product flows efficiently through the business.
- Ability to use manual & machine inspection measuring equipment - typically callipers, micrometres, faro arm, CMM, XRF technology and hardness testing.
- Quality systems experience - ISO9001 / AS9100 / QS9000 / DSQR
- To be flexible to cover the full scope of skills in order to meet the needs of the whole business
- Ability and attitude to develop and improve the inspection process via Continuous Improvement
- Ability to lead basic problem-solving activities
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with a strong background in Aerospace and Quality to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Birmingham-based company will offer you £25.00 to £28.00 per hour.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of GD&T and auditing and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Quality Inspector role, please contact Georgia Silk at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446 147