5 months ago
£Negotiable Plus Benefits (Days Based)
Quality, Inspection, CMM, Gauges, R&R, PPAP, Non-Conformance, ISIR, GD&T, IATF16949, AS9100
Are you a Quality Inspector with a hands on approach to product quality, inspection, testing and measurement working in the automotive and/or aerospace arena within a small to medium manufacturing environment, seeking a new and challenging opportunity? If yes this opportunity could be for you!
As a Quality Inspector you will be charged with measuring and checking supplier parts, non-conformances and manufactured components within a highly technical and innovative environment. As a Quality Inspector you will be responsible for:
- Manual inspection of mechanical components in a variety of metallic and plastic materials using hand tools and gauges.
- CMM inspection Online / Offline programming while performing ad-hoc inspection and measurement to engineering requirements (3D or 2D drawings and technical specifications).
- Scanning and archiving of Supplier Quality Documentation (Dimensional Reports, ISIR and PPAP documents) as per Inspection Procedures, creating inspection records in the Inspection Register.
- Liaise with Design, Manufacturing and Quality Engineering on supplier and internal non-conformances.
- Completing, processing and archiving Supplier Non-Conformities Reports (SCAR and Concessions) as per Supplier NC Procedure, communicating back to suppliers when necessary.
- Review measurement reports and product deviations with suppliers and internally.
- Be involved in Quality Continuous Improvement activities to support ISO 9001 certification and IATF 16949 compliance programme.
- Inspecting supply parts coming from the goods-in area and sub-assemblies and final assemblies.
- Checking all supply parts against the relevant supplier quality documentation and against the relevant Purchase Order’s requirements (including drawing requirements).
- Raise Non-Conformance Reports where parts fail to meet the requirements and inform and liaise with Supplier Quality, Purchasing and Design to manage the NC.
- Ensure any parts received into goods inwards are appropriately packaged and give feedback to the IP Purchasing team where suppliers have not met IP’s requirements.
As a Quality Inspector you will require the following skills and experience:
- Ability to use manual measurement tools and equipment
- Background within quality inspection of complex machined and assembled parts
- Understand and analyse metrology reports including CMM, surface roughness and form measurements.
- Knowledge of quality control and quality systems to include IATF16949, AS9100, ISO9001
- Ability to read/understand Engineering CAD drawings and dimensional tolerances (GD&T)
- Basic calibration and process management
- Parts management using ERP/ MRP systems
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of Quality Inspection within a small to medium volume manufacturing environment (preferably automotive, motorsport and/or aerospace) and want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Quality Inspection position, please contact Mark Bignell at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446167 or email email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.