Job title: CMM Inspector
Salary Range: £27,000
A CMM Inspector is required with experience running and programming CMM using PC-DMIS. Candidates with experience of castings and machined parts would be well received.
Due to growth this company based in Bedford requires a forward-thinking CMM Inspector who is competent in reading technical drawings for a new permanent role.
As a CMM Inspector you will be required to:
- Follow the companies ISO9001 accredited quality management system in their day to day activities.
- Inspect externally sourced parts and assemblies against design specifications, technical drawings and complete all relevant documentation.
- Carry out first off and in-process inspections.
- Ensure all non-conforming items are segregated from good product.
- Create non-conformance reports and scrap notifications.
- Support the department during customer complaint investigations.
- Assist with the upkeep and maintenance of the company’s calibration system.
- Provide data to support department KPI’s.
- Identify improvement opportunities and participate in and lead continuous improvement activities including team kaizen events
- Undertake other work within the Quality department as may be determined by the department Manager from time to time, up to or at a level consistent with the principal responsibilities of the job. This could include practical work or visits to suppliers and customers in the UK and abroad
The CMM Inspector should have the following skills or experience:
- Competent in running and programming CMM using PCDMIS
- Demonstrates excellent attention to detail.
- Customer and results focused.
- Have experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Have experience with castings, machined and painted parts.
- Competent in reading technical drawings and understanding tolerances including GD&T.
- Competent in using a range of hand held inspection instruments.
- Demonstrate the ability to work by themselves and in a team environment.
- Can use their own initiative and accurately manage their day to day activities.
- Be flexible in their daily routine.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Full driving licence
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of inspection methodology and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the CMM Inspector role, please contact Georgia Silk at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446 147.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.