An experienced Quality Inspector is required to work in a contract position for an aerospace company in the West Midlands. The role will include the inspection of both internally produced and supply chain products and may include First Article Inspection (AS9102). In addition, the Quality Inspector may provide assistance to the business (in particular Engineering disciplines) to assist in problem solving activities, engineering investigations, and corrective action determination.
- Quality Control and Inspection tasks including: General inspection of parts both manufactured offsite and onsite requiring outside processing and where necessary Supplier First Article Inspection.
- Where necessary, support engineering investigations for internal or external drivers.
- Where necessary, provide training to employees relative to interpretation of engineering drawings, work instructions, inspection techniques, and proper application of gauging.
- The incumbent must have broad training. Knowledge of Heat Treatment and Wet Processes would be advantageous.
- Encourages an environment of continuous improvement to attain elevated Quality attitudes and superior standards of workmanship.
- NVQ-3, BTEC National Certificate achieved within an indentured apprenticeship, or
- equivalent GCSE "A" Level study; and 5 years of experience in the operation of precision machines in manufacturing/fabrication environment
- Knowledge and experience with complex machined parts finishing processes and workmanship standards
- Background and experience in use of variety of inspection techniques and gauging. 3 years of Quality Assurance experience may be substituted for 5 years manufacturing or A&T experience.
- Experience of CMM operation using Zeiss Calypso software
The incumbent must :
- Have an analytical and methodical approach to problem solving
- Have Inspection knowledge and use of a wide variety of gauges and sophisticated measuring equipment (CMM, Roundness machine, Surface Analyser, etc.)
- Be able to interpret engineering drawings and processes and procedures
- Be a good communicator at all levels both internally and externally as extensive involvement with suppliers and some involvement with customers in delivery and quality issues is a key requirement
- Have the ability to work across functional teams
- Have experience of using Microscope for the inspection/detection of burrs & working knowledge of the Workmanship standards expected for Moog product.
- Have experience of working with Quality Systems and a sound knowledge of ISO9000 & Inspection sampling plans
- Desirable but not essential:
- CMM operating and programming experience (Zeiss Calypso) + interpretation of results
To apply for this position please contact Rachel Meacham.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.