An exciting role has become available for a Quality Inspector to join the Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire, UK facility of a leading provider of military and civilian aircraft components
You will be an integral part of the Quality department promoting the highest standards of quality.
Working for a low volume, high value manufacturer of cutting-edge components the Inspection team is responsible for ensuring supplied and processed parts meet all quality standards.
Your daily duties and responsibilities as Quality Inspector will consist of
- Inspection of supply chain products and processes
- First article inspection
- Assist with engineering investifations
- Corrective action determination
- Provide training to employees relative to interpretation of engineering drawings, work instructions, inspection techniques and application of gauging
- Deal extensively with suppliers and customers and as such will be able to communicate well at all levels
- Encourage an environment of continuous improvement to attain elevated Quality attitudes and superior standards of workmanship
To be successful in your application as a Quality Inspector you must have the following:
- Inspection knowledge and use of a wide variety of gauges and sophisticated measuring equipment (CMM, Roundness machine, Surface Analyser, etc.)
- Broad training and knowledge of Heat Treatment and Wet Processes
- Analytic and methodical approach to problem solving with a strong sense of urgency
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings and processes and procedures
- Have experience of using Microscope for the inspection/detection of burrs
- Have experience of working with Quality Systems and a sound knowledge of ISO9000 & Inspection sampling plans
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to describe complex problems in a concise manner
- CMM operating and programming experience
- NVQ-3, BTEC National Certificate achieved within an indentured apprenticeship, or equivalent
- Knowledge and experience with machined parts finishing processes and workmanship standards
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.