Job title: Quality Inspector (Nightshift)
Salary Range: Competitive
Duration: 12 month FTC
Location: Brackley, Northamptonshire
A Quality Inspector is required with knowledge of CMM equipment and quality systems. Candidates with experience of the Motorsport industry would be well received.
This company based in Brackley requires a forward-thinking Quality Inspector with measuring and inspection experience for a new 12-month fixed term contract.
As a Quality Inspector you will be responsible for:
- Use of inspection equipment to ensure dimensional, mechanical and visual characteristics of each component adhere to drawing specification.
- Strict adherence to drawings, operating procedures and work instructions to ensure zero defect supply to our customers.
- Timely and accurate booking and recording on our Manufacturing Systems.
- Identification of any non-conforming components and writing of non-conformance reports (NCR). This includes liaison with authorising design personnel to determine disposition of components and necessary action to be taken, concluding in a timely manner.
- Communication to be clear, concise and effective (verbal and/or written as appropriate) for example with NCR follow-up and hand-over of job at shift end / status of component inspection.
- Flexibility in terms of job and time to undertake any necessary tasks that may reasonably be expected to achieve Departmental and Team objectives.
- Safe working to within general Safety, Health and Environmental guidelines with specific attention and working to Departmental Risk Assessments and COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health).
The Quality Inspector should have the following skills or experience:
- Experience in Motorsport or similar high tech fast paced environment
- Competent in using portable CMM (e.g.Faro/Romer Arms)and preferable Polyworks software, both on-line and off-line, Power Inspect an advantage
- Used to working with minimal supervision
- Good knowledge of Quality systems
- Strong computer skills
- Experience with Faro arm contact and non-contact measurement
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Quality Inspector role, please contact Georgia Silk at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446 147.