- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Quality
- Contact: Grant Nisbet
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446115
- Expiry Date: 21 October 2021
- Job Ref: 59201
Contract - 6 months
Have you a proven track record of measuring c omponents & assemblies with limited supervision in accordance with the control plan and providing technical guidance to Operations and Manufacturing Engineering Teams?
This Quality Inspector role will see you using a combination of CMM, Mobile arm and other metrology tools, supporting and conducting Metrology and Mechanical Inspection activities and providing support to a new Manufacturing facility across all departments particularly Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing. Expectations for the successful candidate will include:
- A HNC/ONC in an Engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- Proven experience of 2D and 3D measurement techniques and equipment
- A working knowledge of tolerancing
- A working knowledge of manual inspection tools
- Full Microsoft Office Skills
- Previous experience in Camio & CMM programming
- Experience in Powerinspect & Mobile Inspection arms.
- Prior experience of working in a Metrology environment
Core duties for this Quality Inspector role will include;
- To support measurement against detailed components 2D drawings and 3D CAD.
- Helping in the measurement and validation of production jigs and fixtures.
- To deliver the control plan, measuring parts and assemblies to ensure adherence to quality standards.
- Producing professional, detailed measurement analysis & reports on production and prototype components.
- Operating, programming and problem solving on a suite of CMMs.
- To represent Quality Dept in a professional manner to suppliers and technology partners.
In a growing and expanding business the vision is to provide accurate & timely results, whilst supporting the changing demands of the stakeholder departments, reacting quickly to their requests for support. You will manage differing priorities and find solutions to complex and unique measurement activities in a fast paced environment.
Travel will be expected to other sites and to suppliers too, as is shift working (6am - 4pm and 4pm to 2am). If keen to learn more about this role please don't hesitate to contact email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.