£35k - 40k per year + Company Pension, 26 days holiday
01384 446 174
about 1 month ago
Quality Improvement Coordinator
Salary circa £40,000, enhanced company pension, 25 days holiday
This FMCG manufacturing organisation is a world leader in the production and development of specialist products which are used by many global FMCG producers. The organisation is on a journey of change, including culture, continuous improvement, and manufacturing techniques.
It is a great time to be joining the business and they have asked us to help in the recruitment of a Quality Improvement Coordinator. It is essential that you have current experience of working in a high volume, ideally world class FMCG/Food manufacturing environment, that is using modern methods of working.
You will facilitate that the product can be made to the right quality standard at the lowest possible cost in the desired time. You will be the expert within the department on problem solving techniques and improvement projects.
- Investigate customer complaints, non-conformances & provide solutions to prevent recurrence.
- Constantly review the production processes to ensure that control is maintained to ensure compliance with health and safety, food safety and quality standards.
- Analyse production data to identify problems, areas of possible improvement, trends etc. and implement containment and corrective actions (short and long term).
- Work in conjunction with the Supervisors to achieve the operational KPIs via process improvement projects/initiatives.
- Act as the interface / liaison between the production, project engineering, maintenance, quality teams and IT team.
- Employee development - work with and coach the Operators and Technical Operators to understand the process, food safety issues and quality standards relating to the various products and the effective use of SAP relating to the Moulding processes.
- Support the production of SOPs and related documentation.
- Prepare CAPEX documentation for process projects.
- Deputise for the Production Manager and manage staff when necessary.
- Analyse data, prepare information and present information to managers and other key stakeholders.
- Undertake tasks which are within the competency of the post holder and related to meeting the customers’ expectations.
Required Skills, Experience, Knowledge, Competencies
Experience of working in a fast-paced FMCG, Food or similar manufacturing environment within a production role.
- Working knowledge of formal problem-solving techniques and improvement techniques – e.g., Six Sigma. Ability to problem solve and undertake process mapping, Pareto analysis
- Understands GMP, HACCP and BRC requirements.
- Adopts a logical, reasoned, analytical approach to work.
- Ability to effectively manage a project from start to finish within budget, agreed timeframe and meeting objectives.
- Operational knowledge of SAP and computer packages (especially Excel, Word).
- Strongly customer orientated with a flexible and “can do” / hands on approach.
- Ability to build strong relationships and the ability to manage, coach and develop individuals.
- Be an effective team player and an effective communicator - verbally and in writing -
- within and outside the organisation.
- Ability to be assertive, influence and challenge situations/people in a professional constructive manner.
- Understanding of legislative, best practice and Company health and safety requirements.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.