Due to continued growth, this global manufacturing and engineering business is actively seeking a dynamic Quality Engineer. From their Telford site they manufacture high precision machined metallic components. They are seeking a Quality Engineer with knowledge of metals, metallurgy, heat treatment, electrolytical plating or other variants of metal coating.
Salary: £35,000 to £40,000 DOE plus benefits
- Enhance & promote the importance of quality as an integral part of the business to support the company's quality ethos/culture.
- Support the 8 D process by driving continual improvement in the reliability of processes to ensure the delivery of a "quality" product, securing long term customer satisfaction.
- Conduct internal compliance audits in accordance with IATF (TS) 16949 & ISO 9001.
- Coordinate PPAP & APQP activities.
- Support product testing activities to ensure consistent support adherence to the IATF (TS) 16949 & ISO 9001 standards.
- Conduct Material Analysis in conjunction with ISO 17025 standard.
- Development of plant standards, technical instructions and procedures to ensure that all metallurgical activities are in alignment with Corporate standards and/or customer requirements
- Keep plant current with required lab submissions for various audits and monthly reporting
- Provide detail manufacturing support via the analysis of metallurgical quality issues for steel, Stainless and aluminium and establish appropriate resolution for optimising plant processes, including those which inhibit product flow, as well as troubleshooting metallurgical processes
- Manage the disposition of questionable product, interpret product metallurgical characteristics and make decisions on corrective actions and deviations needs as a result of product not meeting Customer Standards. Work with local SQA for feeding back issues to supply base
- Lead metallurgical laboratory functions including the coordination of the lab activities and supervision including day-to-day direction and support of the lab technicians
- Experience of working in a Quality Engineering role
- Previous roles in Heat Treatment and Electrolytical Plating, or other variants of metal coating
- Previous participation in continuous improvement /continuous improvement events
- Basic understanding of sampling, testing, and the heat-treating process
- Experience of PPAP's & APQP
- Knowledge of IATF (TS) 16949 & ISO 9001 Standards
- HNC in an Engineering Discipline
- Bachelor of Science degree (or equivalent experience) in Metallurgy, Metallurgical Engineering or Material Science (Desired)
This role offers an outstanding opportunity to join a global manufacturing business with a well respected brand name.
Please apply as soon as possible to be considered for this exciting Quality Engineer opportunity.