Quality Engineer - BIW / Pressings
Working for one of Europe's largest suppliers of metals to the automotive industry, you will be responsible for providing support to UK OEMs and Tier 1 customers in the use and quality of product supplied. You will also have significant involvement in the development cycle of the OEM programs.
Responsibilities would include:
You will be part of a small team, representing the first line of support to the customer. The role will be varied and challenging, with no two days alike.
- Responsible for containing, and managing investigation of customer concerns
- Supervise information flow between supplying plant and customer. Development and management of system for monitoring these concerns, associated 8d's and related costs is also entailed.
- You will support the OEM stamping tool development and buy-offs as required. Travel to Europe and occasionally beyond is essential, often at short notice.
- You will represent the company's interests in customer led cost-down and process improvement activities.
- Provide regular on-site support at the customer sites throughout the production lifecycle and during new model launch phase.
You will have the ability to think on your feet and be able to work with initiative, sometimes in high pressured situations. You will also have excellent organisational skills and integrity, enabling you to be responsible for managing your own time and movements in the most efficient and effective manner.
Experience of working with automotive OEM and Tier 1 customers, or at least demonstration of the necessary skills is required. Effective negotiation skills, to assist dealings with both customer, and plant contacts, with the ability to communicate across all levels is essential. Sufficient understanding of processes to balance customer satisfaction with business needs will prove advantageous.
Knowledge Skills Experience
- Technical mind set with automotive engineering/quality experience essential.
- Materials / engineering degree preferred, but not essential in lieu of good relevant experience.
- Materials knowledge and some understanding of automotive processes, from stamping, through body-in-white and paint would be beneficial.
- Good communicator; with the ability to write concise technical documents, and deliver well pitched presentations.
- Demonstrate commercial acumen to aid making sound decisions