Quality Engineer - Aerospace Manufacturing
Permanent - Attractive - Southeast
A global leader in the manufacture of aerospace components with a reputation for quality and delivery is looking for a Quality Engineer to join the company. The Quality Engineer will report to the Quality Manager and will be working alongside another Quality Engineer. The Quality Engineer will be responsible for working with various departments identifying issues during Internal audits and problem solve using a Quality Engineering tool-set as required.
The Quality Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Carry out on-site audits and assist in training of Internal procedures and customer processes.
- Liaise with department team leaders to deal with non-conformance issues.
- Apply working knowledge of 8D problem solving and route cause analysis.
- Be involved in Material Review Board activities including customer investigations.
- Be the point of contact for customer Quality Issues.
- Provide guidance and technical support for all matters related to quality standards.
- Ensure adherence to AS9100 and other regulatory bodies.
- Be involved in production projects ensuring quality objectives are achieved.
- Liaising with Engineering, Technical Services teams and suppliers.
- Create a clear understanding of quality requirements.
- Coordinating problem solving activities and be able to use accurate data
- Drive improvement initiatives and provide audit trails for process changes.
The Quality Engineer - Qualifications Skills and or Experience:
- Must be familiar with a working knowledge of Non-Conforming product/processes.
- Familiar with root cause investigation techniques (8D, 5 Whys, Cause & Effect).
- Able to interpret engineering drawings and process specifications.
- Have experience working within a similar role.
- Ideally previously worked as a Quality Engineer within an aerospace environment.
- Working knowledge of APQP and quality tools such as FMEA, fishbone, flow diagrams etc.
- Previous Internal quality auditing experience.
- Experience in lean manufacturing tools.
- Experience in customer facing for Quality related products / Issues /Audits.
- Aerospace manufacturing background ideally NADCAP experience.
- Practical Problem-Solving skills with a good eye for detail.
- Strong communication skills and excellent IT skills.
- Understanding the needs of UK CAA Regulations (Part 21G) would be advantageous.
**Security Clearance (SC) may be required due to the nature of the aerospace products involved**
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience of Quality Engineering and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Quality Engineer role, please contact Peter Heap at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446127 or send suitable CV's email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.