- Sector: Composites
- Function: Quality
- Contact: Mark Bignell
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446167
- Expiry Date: 14 December 2021
- Job Ref: 59792
Competitive Salary Plus Benefits
Quality, Engineering, Systems, QMS (AS/TS), VCA, IMS, FAIR, PSW, PPAP, MSA, 8D, 5Y, Problem Solving, Audits, Manufacturing
Our client is world class leader in the development of composite structures and materials for the automotive, motorsport and aerospace sectors being at the forefront of their industry. Due to continued demands they are now seeking a Quality Engineer who will focus on supporting all areas of manufacturing in product and process quality activities.
As Quality Engineer your main job purpose will be:
- Support the Introduction of projects at our Composites facility including Aerospace, Defence, Automotive and more.
- Assist with the development and approval of project requirements
- Write Reports, Procedures and Work Instructions
- Support with the development and auditing of processes and ensure compliance to customer and regulatory requirements
- Monitor and support the development of suppliers
- Conduct 8D type investigations and promote Continuous Improvement within the business
- Review of customer requirement on specifications, CAD Data and Drawings.
- Liaise with customers to gain approval of FAIR or PSW.
- Use PFMEA to formulate Control Plans and Work Instructions
- Co-ordinating measurement activity of product to present to customer such as FAIR, ISIR, Cap Studies and MSA.
- Interfacing with customer on measurement reports and concessions.
- QMS interaction (NCR, Concessions, Change management, audit etc).
- Able to generate and report quality performance metrics
- Day to day inspection and quality support for all projects (overall product verification)
- Lead quality improvement programmes
- Quality point of contact for certain customers
- Support with the effective use of Javelin MRP
- Assist in departmental management in the absence of management
- Maintain approval supplier database
- Involvement as required in 3rd party audits
- Customer visits (as required)
As a Quality Engineer your will have experience in;
- Knowledge of AS9100 and/or IATF 16949 requirements along with GD&T
- FAIR to AS9102 with experience of PPAP are essential
- Interaction with MRP/ERP systems (Javelin preferably)
- Experience of new project introductions, product & process auditing (ISO, AS or IATF).
- Lean/6 sigma methodology
- FARO arm using Autodesk PowerInspect software
- Knowledge of Composites materials and processes
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you are keen to be considered for this opportunity, or require additional information, please contact Mark Bignell at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446167 or email email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.