- Sector: Manufacturing & Materials
- Function: Quality
- Contact: Mark Bignell
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446167
- Expiry Date: 13 December 2021
- Job Ref: 59776
Competitive Salary Plus Benefits
Quality, Engineering, Systems, QMS, VCA, IMS, ISO9001, 8D, 5Y, Problem Solving, Audits, Manufacturing
Our client is world class leader in the development of niche vehicles being at the forefront of their industry and due to continued demands they are now seeking a Quality Engineer who will focus on supporting all areas of manufacturing in product and process quality activities.
As Quality Engineer your main job purpose will be:
- Identify improvement opportunities, appropriately prioritise and manage to conclusion
- Review existing Quality Control procedures and implement enhancements to achieve best practice
- Manage and lead the QC Inspection team
- Drive cultural change to encourage “right first time first” culture
- Champion, manage and maintain the CIP (Continuous Improvement Process) with regard to PDI, Production and Engineering issues
- Work with Managers and Team Leaders to ensure Quality Control compliance and improvement
- Enhance Customer complaint and internal non-conformance investigations to identify root cause and appropriate corrective and preventative actions.
- Maintenance of quality records, control plans and checklists to ensure real time conformance to Type Approval requirements
- Liaise with VCA officials as required and Co-ordinate Type Approval audits and inspections
- Manage Supply Chain processes incorporating SQA requirements.
- Documentation audits to check compliance against standards
- Lead quality projects and initiatives to support continuous improvement for customer delivery
- Lead ‘Lean Manufacturing’ initiatives to improve business KPI’s
- Build effective working relationships with other functions such as Production, Engineering, Purchasing, H&S, Sales and Finance
- Encourage and support housekeeping improvements across both shop floor and offices
As a Quality Engineer your will have experience in;
- QMS to include ISO9001 and Vehicle Type Approval
- Auding and inspection of parts and assemblies
- Background in welding, fabrication and heavy engineering desirable
- Delivering robust solutions to quality concerns using problem solving methodology (internal and external customer concerns).
- Coordinating key stakeholders on the status of quality concerns
- Problem solving using 8D, 5Y and root cause
- Provide and support the implementation of solutions to both quality and CI
- Supporting manufacturing and production operations preferably within the build and assembly of vehicles (bus, truck, rail carriages, trailers, cars and/or chassis systems)
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you are keen to be considered for this opportunity, or require additional information, please contact Mark Bignell at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446167 or email email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.