£Competitive Rates (DOE)
4 months ago
Quality Engineer (Temporary)
£Competitive Rate (depending on experience)
Location: St Neots
Our client, a specialist design and manufacturing company urgently require a Quality Engineer for up to 6 months to support them in applying Quality Management System standards.
- Reporting to the Compliance Manager key duties will include:To communicate and promote the importance of quality throughout the business, and the need to continually improve.
- Liaise with customers and suppliers as and when non-conformances, concession requests or requests for information arise.
- Understand customers quality requirements and communicate these effectively
- Liaise, support, and advise all relevant teams within manufacturing to ensure quality standards are met in line with customers specification.
- Monitor the quality performance of internal departments and external suppliers, driving changes as necessary to ensure quality levels continuously improve.
- Direct and support the Non-Conformance, Quality Improvements Request, Returned Merchandising Authorisation and Return to Vendor processes.
- Liaise with the inspection and manufacturing departments to ensure full awareness of all current jobs and provide support on all quality issues.
- Contributing to the QMS and ensuring that it remains effective.
The ideal Quality Manager will demonstrate:
- Experience of working in a similar role and team.
- A sound understanding of Quality Management Systems, and the maintenance and development thereof.
- Experience of APQP, the PPAP process, ISIR and FAIR reporting.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills along with a confident telephone manner.
- Good level of PC skills and have no concerns about using new packages.
- Good work / time management skills
The role offers a competitive hourly rate (depending on experience) and the opportunity for an immediate start.
Interested? Please apply today by sending your CV to Kate.Stevens@jonlee.co.uk
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.