£25k - 33k per year + pension, 24 days holiday plus bank
01384 446 174
about 2 months ago
Upto £33,000, excellent pension and benefits packages.
This organisation is part of a multinational FMCG manufacturing specialist, providing innovative solutions to several consumer markets., we are assisting in the search to strengthen the quality team with the appointment of a Quality Engineer.
The basic function for this role is to provide Quality Assurance support, investigation and laboratory testing support to the Production and QA Departments and you will be responsible for monitoring the compliance and quality of production processes and materials against agreed company, customer, or industry specifications.
The Quality Engineer will keep Functional Managers/Team Leaders and the Quality & Technical Manager informed of all deviations from agreed specifications/standards and will identify such materials and where necessary quarantine and investigate affected materials.
A key part of the role will include learning processes and procedures across all parts of the site with the goal to gaining expertise to positively impact quality and operational efficiency.
The role is based on a 5-day working week and will develop a good understanding of products and processes used in this plant and others across the UK.
- Foster a continuous improvement approach to QA activities.
- Manage and maintain all quality KPI’s.
- Manage defect tracking; monitor and report results.
- Report QA status, as appropriate, to keep project stakeholders informed on deliverables and timelines.
- Co-ordinate and resolve customer concerns within the area in a timely manner, using relevant continuous Improvement tools as appropriate.
- Support customer concern resolution using modified 8D approach.
- Provide and co-ordinate technical quality support to all manufacturing areas.
- Stop production in the event of manufacture of unacceptable goods/processes.
- Regular liaison with both internal and external customers on quality issues minimising the impact on the Company.
- First level negotiation on quality issues including PPM levels.
- Provide on-site support to the customer when necessary.
- Comply with and champion, within the manufacturing area, all company policies, and procedures.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to investigate and research multiple sources.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral/written communications skills.
- Supporting the business closely regarding customer complaints.
- Working cross functionally on New Product Development projects.
- Production of quality control plans in line with customer requirements.
- Customer facing with excellent Customer service skills.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to demonstrate the use of continuous improvement quality and problem-solving tools such as 8D 5 Why FMEA, CAPA, DMAIC, PDCA & Kaizen approaches.
- Solid knowledge of the quality assurance techniques, testing concepts, methodologies, and tools.
- Excellent IT skills and a knowledge of MRP/SAP systems would be an advantage.
- Good levels of resilience and able to respond well under pressure.
- Good communication and team skills.
- Proven ability to work to tight deadlines and strong levels of attention to detail.
- Effective influencing and persuading skills.
- Must be comfortable in managing teams and prioritising workloads.
- Experience as QA Engineer and Line Management would be an advantage.
- Experienced auditor of ISO9001 or TS16949 quality management system and regulatory controlled systems. Lead Auditor advantageous
- Understanding of BRC and HACCP is desirable
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.