A Quality Engineer is currently required for a leading specialist Precision Fabrication and Welding organisation that operate across highly-regulated industries. Based in Abingdon, Oxfordshire our client is an innovative specialist that’s been established for over 40 years’ and is part of a world-leading group of European high-tech engineering companies. Working with global companies and OEMs to deliver advanced high performance vessels and structures using stainless steel, copper and high purity aluminium, our client delivers cutting edge technologies for industries including Healthcare, Nuclear and Renewables, with further capabilities and insights targeted in the Transport & Rail sectors.
Due to continued company growth and investment we are recruiting a Quality Engineer to support the QHSE Manager in delivering quality processes to ensure the highest quality product, authorised as compliant to all relevant regulations and is delivered to their customers on time and without defect.
The key tasks & accountabilities for this role would be:
- Achieve consistent on time delivery of ‘A’ grade products to our customer so as to avoid causing delay to the manufacture and delivery process, and maintain customer satisfaction.
- Ensure that products and processes comply with the relevant requirements of the Quality Management System and relevant standards in order to fulfil our regulatory requirements and maintain consistency.
- Work with the Production and Materials teams to ensure the control of all non-conforming parts, following the specified Quality Procedure in order to ensure that non-compliant or defective parts are excluded from the build process and do not reach our customer.
- Conduct both Internal and external audit processes as directed by the QHSE Manager, reporting on them so as to ensure the daily operation remains compliant with relevant regulations.
- Monitor, investigate and support the timely resolution of Customer, Supplier and Internal Non Conformances in order to ensure that solutions are appropriate and issues are resolved to our satisfaction.
- Ensure products have full traceability and conformance documentation through the manufacturing process and on delivery to the customer, so as to fulfil our regulatory requirements.
- Attend weekly QA review meetings with the QHSE Manager in order to report on QA status.
We are seeking a candidate that holds a relevant engineering qualification and knowledge of ISO9001, Kaizen, Lean, Root Cause Analysis and Statistical reporting methods. Ideally you will have operated within highly regulated Quality Management Systems, used a wide range of inspection measuring equipment and has implemented Lean Manufacturing methods.
This is an exciting time to be joining an organisation that can offer career development opportunities and a competitive renumeration and benefits package. If you would like to discuss this Quality Engineer role in more detail then please call 01384 446165 and ask for Les Hines or your CV to email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.