£30k per year
about 1 year ago
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Quality Engineer to join a leading materials testing laboratory. Your main function is to support the Quality Manager to maintain existing quality systems and UKAS accreditations.
- To internally audit laboratory activities on a minimum of an annual basis. This is to included management systems and technical audits.
- To train team members as required, related to the respective systems.
- Collect and report monthly performance data.
- Internal and external document control
- Work with all departments and have a natural ability to interact at all levels within the organisation.
- Liaise with customers regarding complaints.
- Be able to demonstrate an ability deliver root cause analysis.
- Chair/deputise quality meetings.
- To work across sites.
To support, manage and maintain compliance to ISO 17025 and UKAS accreditation and to AC7004 for NADCAP (aerospace) accreditation.
To help develop other quality systems and accreditations as and when the organisation should decide to introduce.
To undertake internal system and technical audits as required in the agreed time frame with the Quality Manager.
Maintain quality issues register and assist with root cause analysis and corrective action process to prevent recurrence.
Ensure that all control documents reflect the standards as stipulated by the various official bodies.
To work across different departments within the organisation at all levels, to train and support the team with quality related projects.
To travel between laboratory locations, as and when required to perform quality related tasks.
Knowledge and Skills :
- Ideally has a science-based Degree or equivalent experience
- UKAS and NADCAP knowledge and understanding
- Has an ability to solve mathematical problems
- A good attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong analytical skills and an understanding of uncertainty of measurement
- Demonstrate strong organisational skills
- Understands how to deliver good customer service
For more information or to apply, please contact Gemma Skidmore of Jonathan Lee Recruitment.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.