£35k - 38k per year + plus Benefits
about 1 year ago
Quality Engineer - Aero
£35,000 to £38,000 and Benefits
Quality, APQP, PPAP, NPI, MRB, 8D, 5Y, Root Cause, VA/VE, CI, Customer Quality, AS13000
A Quality Engineer is required with knowledge of complex product quality, NPI, Launch, Supplier Development and CI. Candidates with experience of the Aerospace and/or Automotive industry would be well received.
Due to continued growth and need for additional support within product and production quality this company, a forward thinking aerospace organisation based in Tewksbury requires a proactive and results orientated Quality Engineer with experience of supporting the delivery of products and systems from concept through to production for a new permanent role. As a Quality Engineer, you will be required to:
- Active team member in complex problems solving activities resulting in the completion of customer visible investigations using 8D methodology or similar.
- Participating in and facilitating Process and Design Failure Modes and Effects Analysis.
- Completing improvement activities associated with Zero Defects approach using defect prevention tools (DFMEA, PFMEA, Control Plans, MSA, Capability, Error Proofing, SPC, 8D)
- Providing APQP support including MSA, capability analysis & maintaining control plans.
- Preparing the results of the investigations for the product integrity process.
- Completing corrective action activities to ensure robust CAs for systemic issues are introduced within the company defined timescales.
- Preparation quality elements for non-conforming parts to the material review board.
- Create inspection plans for Goods Inward inspection, drawing upon knowledge of statistical methods and manufacturing processes, assuring inspection plans are optimum in terms of providing the maximum protection with the least expenditure of manpower.
The Quality Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Product Quality, Quality Engineering, New Product Introduction, Product Development and/or Launch.
- Manufacturing processes, test/inspection and product auditing with exposure to complex products and assemblies being an advantage.
- Good problem-solving skills using 8D, 5Y and Six Sigma.
- Knowledge of APQP, PPAP to support supplier, customer and parts approval.
- Good communication, organizational and project delivery skills, having the ability to manage supplier and customer relationship while taking products from ‘cradle to grave’
- Exposure to AS13000/03/04 and aerospace industry would be advantageous
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of quality systems and processes seeking to develop your career with an exciting forward thinking organisation. In return for your experience, this Tewksbury based product innovation company will offer you:
- £35,000 to £38,000 pa plus Benefits
- Career progression and development within a forward-thinking business that is going through significant planned growth over the next few years
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of leading quality control, systems and processes and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Quality Engineer role, please contact Mark Bignell at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446167 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.