Job title: Quality Engineer
Salary Range: Competitive
A Quality Engineer is required with strong 8D problem solving skills. Candidates with experience of the Automotive industry would be well received.
Due to growth this Tier 1 automotive company based in Coventry requires a proactive Quality Engineer with IATF 16949 experience for a new 6 month contract. As a Quality Engineer you will be required to:
- To support the workload, aims and vision of the department.
- Monitoring of the customer and internal concerns process.
- Quality Concerns (QER) management.
- Managing containment.
- Management of customer warranty processes.
- Facilitation and participation in customer audits as required.
- Co-ordination of APQP programmes as required.
- Managing customer PPAP submissions.
- Co-ordination of Quality Projects as required.
- Use and management of structured problem solving.
- Participation in Manufacturing and process capability improvement projects.
- Providing inputs for NPI, PFMEA, PPAP and the generation of Control Plans & SOP’s.
- Participation in NPI Programmes.
- Generating KPI data and improvement actions.
- Raising PCR’s and Concessions as appropriate.
- Using and generating statistical data for analysis in relation to investigations and the assessment of process capability where applicable.
- Following up actions identified from Product & Process Audits where applicable.
- Support of manufacturing training requirements related to quality concerns.
- Complete and maintain accurate, timely documentation and records as required by the business.
- Maintain the required standards of housekeeping.
- Support other teams and functions as required by the business.
- Undertake self-development activities as required by the business.
- Undertake any other tasks or duties as required by any Director or relevant level authority within the business.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of processes and practices operated by the Company.
The Quality Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Degree/HNC/HND level with strong experience in an Automotive Quality / Engineering environment.
- Knowledge and training in Quality Core Tools. (PPAP, PFMEA, Control Plan, MSA, SPC, APQP).
- Proven problem solver. (8D, 5-Why, Ishikawa, Is-Is Not).
- Computer literate. (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access).
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of IATF 16949 and ISO 9000.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Quality Engineer role, please contact Georgia Silk at Jonathan Lee Recruitment.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.